Saturday, January 8, 2011

Road trip with dogs day 4

It was lovely and fine in Mittagong this morning when we left - had a nearly dry tent to pack!  The first stop was Yarn Addiction at Bowral - town next to Mittagong.  A yarn shop to die for (see photos!).  I resisted buying anything, but this would be my ideal of a LYS.  I have way too much yarn stashed at home, plus I plan on buying fibre for spinning in Victoria.

I've never really been to Canberra before so I was pretty impressed with the surrounding countryside, and the main drag in to Parliament House.  My task today was tocatch up with an old friend for coffee at Manuka, where there is an exellent (but small) yarn store, the Woolshed.  We found under cover parking and a dog friendly cafe, and had lunch with Ann.  How is it when you catch up with a "best friend" after a decade you feel as though you had never been away!

Then on to Cooma in the high country to a very quiet caravan park, fine weather, and very little traffic.
Sorry - the mobile connection is a little slow for the pictures - will try when we are closer ot civilisation.
Lake St Geoge on the road to Canberra
The Federal Highway on the road to Canberra (picnic stop)

No comments:

Post a Comment