Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Road trip with dogs - day 14

We had a quiet morning where I caught up with details like doing the laundry, updating blogs etc!  This afternoon we travelled to Gawler, north of Adelaide to visit my Aunty Jan, who hasn't seen me since I was 13 and at her sister's wedding!  She seemed quite happy to catch up with a relative in the "lost" category.  I explained that I had never been to Adelaide before.  She could show off her grandkids (being babysat) and I could show of my kids (via photos on the computer).  The traffic in Adelaide was pretty bad getting to Gawler so we decided to take off directly to Mt Barker over the Mt Lofty ranges, a much better idea.  I am sure we did not take any longer to drive back, and the roads were peaceful and scenic.  On the way it became apparent that the place was setting up for a major bike road race, the "Tour Down Under"  so we are glad we are moving on tomorrow in the direction of home, and not getting tangled up in road closures, traffic, spectators and anything else that was yet to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment