Saturday, January 8, 2011

Road trip with dogs Day 3

Today we avoided most of the rain - just the odd shower from Raymond Terrace to Mittagong.  All our gear was dryand we were getting into the swing of things!  We went the back route from Singleton to Winsor via a gorge through the Wollemi National park - no photos - the gorge was so narrow there was no-where to stop for photos and no little camping grounds or picnic spots.  The scenery was magnificent.  Not much traffic either, nice seeing our car has no grunt at all up hills with the load on board.  From Winsor we went to Penrith - agin the traffic was light, and on to Cambelltown to meat the Hume Highway - again we missed traffic,it's a great back way to avoiding Sydney proper!  We caught the freeway up the mountain to Mittagong, which was a very pleasant place to stop.  I dropped in at Victoria House looking for more Paternayan yarn for my longstitch harp case.  I have had nothing but trouble with getting the colours I am using, and lo and behold, I find out that the company making the yarn is not presently dying the shades I need!  Massive matchup for the nearest colours to what I am using!  We avoided the showers while pitching the tent, but they closed in after.

Camp at Mittagong

No comments:

Post a Comment